9.1.10

summer storms.


the start of summer (its been summer since demcember, but it tends not to get really warm until about mid- january) was rather stormy and full of lightning. new years eve saw some rather impressive lightning and flash flooding that kept us out of the pool for most of the night. here are some photos that i took that can be linked to my last photography of lightning that was highly un impressive. afterall, you get better with practise! now summer has really begun to set in and it is 37 degrees celsius today! the weather channels always say it will be low 30s or high 20s and then by the time it reaches the day they have predicted the weather for it is around 7 degrees warmer than they said it would be!!

on the bad side, i currently have gastro that hit me yesterday and has left me feeling pretty unwell. I was with one of my friends in the pool yesterday and not feeling too great after we ate far too much junk food. I had to get out and sit by the toilet and be ill. it was utterly embarrassing but she was so good about it and didn't run for the hills. besides recovering, i have been sewing buttons back onto dresses and trying to trudge through my holiday homework.

my brother and mum also leave tomorrow for cambodia to help build school houses for disadvantaged children. it is really admirable and although i will miss them heaps it will be a great experience for them both. it will be very strange though having this big old house to just me and my dad!! anyway, hope you are all taking care of yourselves and havent managed to catch this bug!

jusqu'à la prochaine fois.

No comments:

Post a Comment